An experienced and creative occupational therapist and assistive technology professional, passionate about the role of technology in enabling individuals to participate in fulfilling and meaningful lives.
I have a particular interest in supporting people who have communication needs through both high-tech speech devices and paper-based resources.
- Formal Education / Certification
- Bachelors in Occupational Therapy
- Masters in Language and Communication Impairments in Children
- RESNA-certified Assistive Technology Professional (ATP)
- Worked as an assistive technology practitioner since 1999 in many diverse settings including statutory and higher education, healthcare, the workplace, and in the community
- Provided client assessment, training and implementation support for many individuals and AT/AAC services
- Co-established a very early SEND assistive technology outreach service in 2001
- Managed a project to create the first national AT/AAC clinical service in the middle east
- Wrote and delivered a university-certified post-graduate course in AT and AAC
- Provided clinical supervision to speech & language therapists and occupational therapists
- Contributed to programmes run by WHO and UNICEF
- Acted as a consultant for UK and international charities
- Other Contributions
- Spoken at international conferences
- Acted as a mentor in hackathons and for university students
- Authored an AT/AAC website since 1999
- Interviewee on Talking with Tech
- Author for PrAACtical AAC
- Featured on Koester Performance Research
I offer my services worldwide.